Belgium First Amateur Division League Info
The Belgian First Amateur Division is the third-highest division in the Belgian football league system, one level below the Belgian First Division B. It was created by the Royal Belgian Football Association in 2016, coming in at the third level and pushing all divisions one level down.
The Belgian First Amateur Division was created in 2016 following an overhaul of the Belgian football league system which saw the number of professional clubs reduced to 24. As a result, from the third level and below only amateur clubs remain. The two remaining levels above the Belgian Provincial leagues were reformed into three amateur levels, namely the Belgian First Amateur Division, the Belgian Second Amateur Division and the Belgian Third Amateur Division. As a result, the Belgian Provincial Leagues dropped to the sixth level of the league system.
The season is a regular round-robin tournament with 16 teams. The top four teams after the regular season play a promotion playoff in which they keep 50% of the obtained points during the regular season and the team with the most points after the playoff is promoted to the Belgian First Division B.
Regarding relegation, the bottom three teams are automatically demoted, while the team finishing in 13th place play a relegation playoff together with three teams from the Belgian Second Amateur Division with the playoff winner obtaining a spot in the following season’s Belgian First Amateur Division.
Number of Teams: 16
Dates: 08/09/2018 – 06/04/2019
Points for Win: 3
Points for Draw: 1
Number of Matches: 30 (teams play each other twice)
Match Rules: The match squad must have at least 2 under-21 players (born after 29/071996). 4 subs named, maximum 3 used.
Trialist Rules: No trialists allowed to play in matches.
Squad Registration: Minimum of 7 players on part-time contracts (or better).
League Sorting Rules: Games Won then Goal Difference then Goals Scored the Games Played Away From Home Only then Away Goals Scored.
Promotion: B teams are not allowed to be promoted from this division.
Qualification: Top 4 teams qualify for Promotion Playoff. Team in 13th position qualifies for Relegation Playoff.
Relegation: Bottom 3 teams are relegated.
Disciplinary Rules: 1 match ban after 5 yellow cards. 2 match ban after next 5 yellow cards. 3 match ban for every additional 5 yellow cards. 1 match ban for every red card. The following bans may be added for the specified offences: One Match: Striking another player (minor). Two Matches: Violent Conduct. Striking another player. Five Matches: Striking another player (extreme). Twelve Matches: Striking a match official.
Transfer Window: Sunday 1st July 2018 to Friday 31st August 2018. Tuesday 1st January 2019 to Thursday 31st January 2019 (excluding players at clubs in the same division or below).
Wage Rules: £325 per week minimum wage for full-time players 16 years old and up.
Stadium Requirements: Minimum Stadium Capacity: 1500. Minimum Stadium Seating Capacity: 300.
Belgium First Amateur Division Club Info
SC Eendracht Aalst
SC Eendracht Aalst is a Belgian football club based in Aalst, East Flanders.
During World War I, citizens from Aalst played football matches to raise money for prisoners of war. In 1919 Sport-Club Eendracht Aalst became an official football team. After some friendly games in 1923, SC Eendracht Aalst joined the regional competition. They quickly moved their way up through the regional divisions and after moving the stadion to the current location in 1928, the team made it into the national competition in 1932. Only seven years later, in 1939, Aalst already promoted to the Eredivision (the current Belgian Pro League). Due to the second World War competition was not played for two years, so it wasn’t until 1942 Aalst finished its first season in the Eredivision. In 1946 the chairman died and it was decided to rename the stadion to honour him, from then on it was called the Pierre Cornelisstadion. That year was the beginning of a very dark period for Eendracht Aalst. Due to changes in the competition-format, they were forced to relegate. After this they played in the lower division for more than 30 years. In 1960 they managed to get back into the Eredivision, but in 1962 they ended last and relegated again. In 1965, after a bribing-affaire, Aalst was even sent to the lowest national division. In 1977 they made it back into the second division, with Paul Van Himst in the team. In 1994 the team finally joined the first division again. Jan Ceulemans (manager), Godwin Okpara and Gilles De Bilde were some of the most important factors towards success. In 1995 a new climax was reached when they were allowed to enter the European competition and even survived the first round against Levski Sofia.
It changed its name in 2002 after former Belgian First Division club K.S.C. Eendracht Aalst had gone into liquidation. So they could not get the license and the new team began at the third division level. They played the next two seasons in second division (2003–2005) and are now back to the third division and they are at the 3rd place. While the 2004–05 championship was over, the club needed to know if first division side F.C. Brussels and second division side R.E. Virton were to receive the professional football license to know where they would play next season. Indeed, while 17th K. Patro Maasmechelen had no license, they were obviously relegated. So if one of the two submentionned clubs were refused the license, Aalst would have had played the third division playoffs while if they were both refused the license, Aalst would have remained in second division. Finally, both clubs did receive it so the team was relegated. In 2011, the name of the team got changed back to S.C. Eendracht Aalst. They’ve also requested to change the name back to the former K.S.C. Eendracht Aalst, which will be possible in 2012, if they receive good advice from the Royal Belgian Football Association (RBFA).
The Pierre Cornelisstadion is located in Bredestraat, Aalst, near the city center. The Stadium has a capacity of 4,500. It was built in the early 1930s.
- Belgian Second Division Final Round:
- Winners (2): 1991, 1994
- Belgian Promotion B:
- Belgian Third Division:
Club Website: https://www.eendracht-aalst.be/
R. Châtelet S.C.
Royal Châtelet-Farciennes Sporting Club are a Belgian football team, from Châtelet, Hainaut, Belgium, who will play in the Belgian First Amateur Division.
In 1926, Eugène BAUDSON, who was in charge of a JOC section in Châtelet, decided to take the plunge and register a football team at the Belgian Union to allow his young protégés to play football. He made all the necessary steps and signed, in August 1926, the official documents and received the number 725. The Châtelet SC was born. The club obtained the right to wear the title of “Royal” on October 18, 1956.
The chatelettain club is represented by a wolf with a crown. It dates back a few centuries: Châtelet was under the principality of Liège and there were many wolves in the countryside. SC Châtelet has therefore designed its logo with the green and white colors, “Those of the city”.
At the end of the 2015-2016 season, the first team climbed into D2 Amateurs. The Board of Directors of the club decides to acquire a new coat of arms which will recall its history with the City of Châtelet but also its close collaboration with the commune of Farciennes.
Today, Patrick Remy is the 18th president of a club with more than 300 affiliates. He is surrounded by Michael Gaone, Vice President, Pascal Marchand, President of the Training Center, Patrice Bairamjan, General Manager, Jean-Pol Bastin, Qualified Correspondent, Frédéric Bourguignon, Secretary of the Training Center, Bernard Gaspard, Sporting Director, Olivier Berghen, RTFJ.
- Champion of 2016-17 Belgian Second Amateur Division C
- Coupe du Hainaut: 1937, 2001.
Club Website: http://www.sportingchatelet.be/
Football made its appearance in Deinze at the beginning of the 20th century, more specifically in 1908. Donza Football Club Deynze was accepted as an amateur club at a General Meeting on 25 February 1912, During the first world war, football in Deinze revived from the ashes with Sporting Deynze.
On March 12 1926 Albert the Sompel invited some people to start negotiations for the establishment of a new football club. This club would effectively be a merge of Donza Deynze and Sporting Deynze.
Choosing the colours of the new club took a lot longer than the formation of the club itself. Eventually, the club opted for orange as the basic colour in Deinze.
KMSK Deinze have had two stadiums in their 86-year existence. The site on the Astenedreef was inaugurated on 6 June 1926 with a friendly again SK Nevele finishing 1-1. The Astenedreef no longer exists in name as it was completely rebuilt in 1970. With the help of Mayor Ernest Van de Wiele, the city of Dienze made a stadium available to the club in Brielmeersen in 1978 next to the Schipdonk Canal.
SK Deynze officially debuted in the KBVB at the start of the 1926-27 season in Province IV East Flanders. Over the course of the season on December 26 1926, Sportkring Deynze was awarded with the studbook number 818.
Club Website: https://www.kmskdeinze.be/
K.F.C. Dessel Sport
When football rooted in Dessel is difficult to find out, however it can be said with certainty that during the first world war football was already being played in a team in the village.
A first and second team acted under the name Alberta – The football fields from that time could be compared to raked potato fields, there was football in primitive circumstances. Playing football was still in its infancy but it went as well and as bad as it could and the village people enjoyed it.
January 6 1926 was a milestone in the history of the club. On that date the connection with the KBVB was obtained under the pedigree number 606. At the official establishment and affiliation the name Alberta was remove and the name of the municipality “FC Dessel Sport” was chosen.
Club Website: http://www.kfcdesselsport.be/
F.C. Dender E.H
Football Club Verbroedering Dender Eendracht Hekelgem, also simply known as Dender or Verbroedering Dender, is a Belgian association football club based in Denderleeuw. The club is named after former clubs KFC Denderleeuw Eendracht Hekelgem and Verbroedering Denderhoutem, which merged at the end of the 2004–05 season, and after the river Dender, which crosses the town of Denderleeuw. The home stadium of the club is Florent Beeckmanstadion in Denderleeuw. Their best league ranking was the 15th place in the first division (in 2007–08 and 2008–09). The club colours ar blue and black.
Verbroedering Denderhoutem was founded in 1935 and registered to the Royal Belgian Football Association in 1943. They first reached the Promotion (4th-highest level in Belgian football) in the 1980s. After several relegations and promotions in the provincial leagues and Promotion, the club finally reached the third division in 1998–99. They remained at that level except for one season in 2003–04 when they played in the Promotion. After one season back at the third level, Denderhoutem merged with fellow club KFC Denderleeuw EH from the third division.
Verbroedering Dender won consecutively the third division A title (in 2005–06) and the second division title (in 2006–07), to reach the first division in 2007–08 for the first time in their history. They achieved promotion after beating Dessel 0–2 on the second division’s 33rd match day on 13 May 2007. They finished at the 15th place in 2007–08 and again in 2008–09, though the club was relegated at the end of the 2008–09 season because the number of clubs in the first division was reduced from 18 to 16.
- Belgian Second Division:
- Winners (1): 2006–07
- Belgian Second Division Final Round:
- Runners-up (1): 1997–98
- Belgian Third Division A:
- Winners (1): 2005–06
Club Website: https://www.fcvdendereh.be/
AS Verbroedering Geel
AS Verbroedering Geel is a Belgian association football club based in Geel, province of Antwerp. Currently, they play in the Belgian First Amateur Division.
Founded in 1926 as Meerhout Sport, the club received the matricule number 893. In 1966, Meerhout Sport merged with the other club from the city named Hand in Hand, with matricule 2169. The new club took the name F.C. Verbroedering Meerhout. At the end of the season, the club reached the Belgian Promotion. They were relegated to the provincial level in 1987. Ten years later, the club was back at the 4th national level, and even managed to reach the third division in 2006, where they stayed only one season. In 2008 the neighbour club of K.F.C. Verbroedering Geel went into liquidation, so F.C. Verbroedering Meerhout moved to De Leunen stadium, which was not used anymore, and added the name of the city Geel to their name.
In 2013, the team changed their name to Allemaal Samen Verbroedering Geel (English: All Together Fraternization Geel), short AS Verbroedering Geel.
Club Website: http://www.asvgeel.be/
Koninklijke Sportkring Heist is a professional Belgian association football club from Heist-op-den-Berg in the province of Antwerp. They are affiliated to the Royal Belgian Football Association with matricule 2948 and have white and blue as traditional colours. The club plays at the Gemeentelijk Sportcentrum and is currently in the First Amateur Division. Heist spent nine seasons at the third level of Belgian football, from 1987–88 to 1993–94, and from 2008–09 to 2009–10.
The club was founded as F.C. Heist-Sportief in September 1940 . In January 1941, the team played in the Flemish Association, not part of the Belgian Football Association, but a different competitive amateur football league. In the spring of 1941 they moved to the Belgian Football Association, where they were awarded matriculation number 2948. Since then, it received the royal prefix Koninklijke in 1990, and in July 1995 it merged with K.S.V. Heist-op-den-Berg to become the professional club it is today K.S.K. Heist.
K.S.K Heist play their home games at Gemeentelijk Sportcentrum in Heist-op-den-Berg. The Stadium has a capacity of 3,500, and home games are well attended throughout the season, with larger crowds expected for the local rivalry games against KVC Westerlo and KV Mechelen.
Club Website: http://www.kskheist.be/
R. Knokke FC
RKFC was and is, after all, an outsider in many ways. The name of this local football association is unmistakably betraying its Anglo-Saxon roots. Under the influence of the great British colony that lived on our East Coast in the beginning of the twentieth century, Knokke Football Club was held in 1905 above the baptismal font. After World War I, Blauw-Wit officially joined the Belgian Football Association and even managed to play in the 1st division for a while.
The fact that Knokke was also an important strategic area for the German occupier in World War II has unfortunately caused the club a lot of detrimentally in terms of sports. The last 50 years was therefore a permanent battle, with ups and downs, to reconnect with the teams in promotion.
The history of Royal Knokke Football Club is the fascinating story of enthusiastic sports enthusiasts who, despite all the setbacks, have succeeded wonderfully in maintaining their football club. The fact that RKFC can proudly look back on a century of glorious football history is due in the first instance to the boundless efforts of idealists who have been unselfishly generations of generations for their sports association.
Over the years, the contribution of the Knokke Municipal Administration and late from the fusion community Knokke-Heist has also increased. The best proof is the beautiful football infrastructure and sports facilities at stadium Olivier. The recent renovation of the grandstand, the building of a spacious cafeteria and the beautification of the athletics track around the football field, testify to a well-considered vision of which RKFC can reap the full benefits. In the spring of 2005, work began on the construction of a brand new drainage system and automatic sprinkling, an investment that most clubs in the provincial department can only dream of.
Club Website: https://rkfc.be/
Royal Football Club de Liège (RFC Liège) is a Belgian football club from the city of Liège. It currently plays in the Belgian First Amateur Division. Its matricule is 4, meaning that it was the fourth club to register with the country’s national federation, and the club was the first Belgian champion in history (5 Championships & 1 Cup). The club was also known for being ‘homeless’ between 1995 and 2015 but is now playing on his own ground in Rocourt. FC Liège management also made the club sadly famous for its refusal to release Jean-Marc Bosman after his contract ran out in 1990, which in turn led to the Bosman ruling, a European Court of Justice decision that caused major changes to the structure of European football. The ‘philosophy’ of the club is based on integration of local young players and on popular and faithful support.
It was founded in 1892 as “Liège Football Club” and became a member of the Belgian Football Association as “Football Club Liégeois” when it was founded in 1895. The club is the first Belgian Champion (1896) and is still the only club that has played all seasons at a national level (106 seasons in 2008–09). In 1920 the prefix Royal was added to the name of the club that already had won 3 championships (1896, 1898, 1899). In 1952 and 1953, the RFC Liège won two more championships, being at that time the only team which was able to contest the undisputed domination of Anderlecht. In 1964 Football Club Liégeois reached the Fairs Cup 1/2 finals, losing in 3 games against the winner of the Cup, Real Zaragoza. Between 1965 and 1985, there were poor results, and the club survived with the help of its own tradition: young players coming from inside the club, and faithful supporters.
At the end of the 1980s, the RFC Liège played in European competitions (notably against Benfica, Juventus, Rapid Vienna, Hibernian, Werder Bremen and Athletic Bilbao) and also won a Belgian Cup in 1990. Unfortunately, after that, bankruptcy was inevitable, and the stadium was sold and destroyed to build a movie theatre. The team joined with R.F.C. Tilleur-Saint-Nicolas, (a team from the suburb of Liège) in 1995, to become R. Tilleur F.C. de Liège.
The club went down from the first division (which it hadn’t left since 1945) to the third division. The word Tilleur was finally excluded from the team name in 2000, coming back to “RFC de Liège”. Since 1995, the club is moving between the second and fourth divisions, with two titles of 3rd division Champions in 1996 and 2008. In 2008–09 the club played in the Belgian Second Division, but after just 2 seasons the club suffered back to back relegations: they eventually dropped to the Belgian Fourth Division in April 2011.
Not having its own stadium after Stade Vélodrome de Rocourt (Liège) was destroyed in 1995 is the biggest problem for the RFC Liège, also well known as ‘homeless’. Between 1995 and 2015 the RFC Liège played in Tilleur (1995-2000), Seraing (2000-2004), Ans (2004-2008), Seraing (Pairay Stadium, 2008-2015). In 2015 the club is back home on his new Rocourt based ground.
- Belgian First Division:
- Winners (5): 1895–96, 1897–98, 1898–99, 1951–52, 1952–53
- Runners-up (3): 1896–97, 1958–59, 1960–61
- Belgian Cup:
- Winners (1): 1989–90
- Runners-up (1): 1986–87
- Belgian Second Division:
- Winners (3): 1911–12, 1922–23, 1943–44
- Belgian Third Division:
- Winners (3): 1942–43, 1995–96, 2007
- Belgian Fourth Division:
- Winners (1): 2014-15
Club Website: http://www.fcliege.be/
Lierse Kempenzonen are a football club from Lier, Antwerp province, Belgium.
The club was founded in 1943 as FC Oosterzonen from a commune within Westerlo. and started in the Belgian Provincial Leagues where it hovered between the various levels, most of the times playing at the 6th or 7th level of the Belgian football pyramid. In 2007, 2008 and 2009, the club managed to win the title three seasons in a row to promote for the first time in its history into the national levels of football. In the Belgian Fourth Division, the club managed to avoid relegation for a few seasons, before managing another promotion in the 2012-13 season into the Belgian Third Division. Following the reform of Belgian football in 2016, the team started playing in the Belgian First Amateur Division.
In May 2018, it was announced that the club would relocate to Lier, as it merged with the old board of Lierse (a club which had gone bankrupt just a few weeks before) to form a new club called Lierse Kempenzonen. The new team continued with the old logo of Lierse and started playing in the Herman Vanderpoortenstadion in Lier.
Club Website: https://lierse.com/
Koninklijke Sport Vereniging Oudenaarde is a Belgian association football club based in Oudenaarde, East Flanders. It is currently playing in the Belgian First Amateur Division. The club plays at Burgemeester Thienpontstadion in Oudenaarde. The club’s colours are black and yellow.
Founded in 1911 as S.K. Aldenardia, the club merged with F.C. Audenarais in 1919 to become S.V. Audenaerde. The name was later changed to S.V. Oudenaarde, with the city name spelled in Dutch instead of the French name Audenaerde. In 1951, the club received the right to use the royal prefix Koninklijke.
Member of the Belgian Football Association since 1912, the club first reached the second division in 1924, for just one year as they finished last of their series. The come back to this level of the competition was not operated before season 1980–81. This time they managed to end in the seventh position, their best position ever in the club’s history. The same position was achieved the next year, but in 1983, they could not avoid relegation. In 1988 they finished last of the third division A, and were subsequently relegated to the fourth level of Belgian football, promotion, not to come back again before the new century. In 2006 Oudenaarde was crowned champion of the promotion A.
Club Website: https://www.ksvoudenaarde.be/
K. Rupel Boom F.C.
Koninklijke Rupel Boom FC is a Belgian association football club based in Boom, Antwerp province currently playing in the Belgian First Division Amateur. They play at the Gemeentelijk Parkstadion in Boom.
K. Rupel Boom FC was founded in 1998, a result of a merger between K. Boom F.C. and Rupel SK. The club started playing in the regional third division of the Belgian provincial leagues. In 1999 they were promoted to the regional second division and in 2001 to the regional first division. In 2004 the club reached the Nationwide Fourth Division. In its first season they reached the playoffs and won promotion to the Belgian First Division Amateur. But, after only one season, K. Rupel Boom FC were relegated back to Fourth Division. In 2008 the club again won promotion to the Belgian First Division Amateur, and in 2009 they narrowly missed a ticket for the promotion playoffs.
Rupel Boom was crowned as champions of the Second Amateur Division after the 2017-2018 season. They will be playing in the First Amateur Division for the 2018-2019 season.
- Belgian Cup
- ¼ Finale 2012
- Second Amateur League
- winner: 2018
- Third Division
- promotion 2010
- Fourth Division
- promotion: 2005 & 2008
- Regional First Division
- promotion: 2004
- Regional Second Division
- winner: 2001
- Regional Third Division
- promotion: 1999
Club Website: https://rupelboomfc.be/
R.W.D. Molenbeek, short for Racing White Daring Molenbeek, was a Belgian football club founded in 1909 as White Star Club de Bruxelles. It then became a member of the Belgian Football Association later the same year as White Star Athletic Club and received the registration number 47.
The club played several seasons in the first division (1924–25 and from 1934-35 to 1946-47) first as White Star Woluwé A.C. then as Royal White Star A.C. The present White Star Woluwé F.C. took its name from this team, but is not otherwise related. In 1963 the club merged with Racing de Bruxelles to become Royal Racing White. It played in the first division from 1965 until 1973 after two seasons in the second division. Its homeground was the Stade Fallon in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, Brussels till the club merged with the famous Daring Club de Bruxelles in July 1973, becoming R.W.D. Molenbeek. The main reason of that merger was the poor league attendance.
The club played in the first division for ten seasons after its inception, winning the Belgian Championship in 1974-75, regularly qualifying for European competitions and even reaching the semi final of the UEFA cup in 1977. Since the club had kept the registration number 47 of R. Racing White it could begin in the first division but it had lost the honours of the Daring Club. The club played in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Brussels.
From 1984, the club encountered many difficulties, leading to bankruptcy in 2002. During the season 2002-2003, K.F.C. Strombeek (located near Brussels) moved to the Edmond Machtens Stadium and became F.C. Molenbeek Brussels Strombeek the next season. The new club (with the registration number 1936 of KFC Strombeek) subsequently began in the second division but was promoted to the Belgian First Division in 2004.
At the same time, a group of fans, who fought to keep the name alive, had also recreated a new team called RWD Molenbeek (with a new registration number) in 2003. The new team started at the very bottom of the Belgian football league system – provincial division 4 in Brabant (level 8), but has been promoted to the Brabant provincial division 1 (level 5 in Belgium) in 2006 after absorbing another team from the Brabant province. In 2015, the matricule of Standaard Wetteren was sold to a group of investors who started the club RWDM47, trying to reinstate the history of the club.
- Belgian First Division:
- Winners: 1974-75
- Belgian Second Division:
- Winners: 1923-24, 1933–34, 1964–65, 1984–85, 1989–90
- Belgian Second Division Final Round:
- Winners: 2001
- Belgian Cup:
- Runners-up: 1968-69
Club Website: http://www.rwdm.be/nl/
R.F.C. Seraing was a Belgian football club from the municipality of Seraing, province of Liège. It was created in 1900 as F.C. Sérésien and it registered to the FA the same year as the matricule n°17. The prefix Royal was added in 1928.
The name changed in 1994 to R.F.C. Seraing and two years later, the club had to merge with neighbours Standard Liège (matricule n°16) due to financial problems. The matricule is thus not in use anymore.
Meanwhile, another club from the city called Seraing RUL, took the same name as RFC Seraing and play at the same stadium. This club is registered with the number 23 at the Belgian Federation and play in the fourth division. But there’s no link and no fusion between these two clubs.
Club Website: http://www.rfc-seraing.be/
KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo
KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo (in short Thes Sport ) is a Belgian football club from Tessenderlo . The club is affiliated with the RBFA with the number 3671 and has blue and yellow as colors. The club was founded on 14 June 1942 as Heidebloem Voetbalvereeniging Hulst ( Hulst Hulst ) in Hulst and joined the Belgian Football Federation a few months later. In 1943 the first changing rooms were built along the grounds. The construction of a new sports park in Hulst began in 1970; in August 1973 this was inaugurated. The club usually played in the lower regions of Belgian football, the third and fourth provincial .
At the 50th anniversary in 1992, the club received the royal title and became Koninklijke Heidebloem Voetbalvereniging Hulst . In 1994 , after a title in Third Provincial, the club promoted for the first time to Second Provincial. The next two seasons, HVV Hulst won a period title with accompanying place in the final round, but the club failed to enforce further promotion through that final round. In 1997/98, Hulst was 12th in his series, but due to a large number of Limburg riders in the Fourth Division , the club had to drop to the Third Provincial again after four seasons. Hulst won the next season a period title, but could not force a return to Second.
In 1999 merger talks started with some other clubs, namely VK Penarol Engsbergen (number 7743) and Schoot Sport (8465) from nearby Engsbergen and Schoot , two other villages in Tessenderlo. Already during the summer of 1999 the club took the name KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo with a view to a future merger. “Thes” stands for Tessenderlo, Hulst, Engsbergen and Schoot. The conversations did not go smoothly, however, and the clubs still competed separately in 1999/2000. Schoot Sport did not cooperate, but would cease to exist in 2002. Penarol Engsbergen was prepared to cooperate in youth football, but remained active as a separate club. In the center of Tessenderlo stood the stadium of Looi Sport for several years , a club that had played in the Third and Fourth Class for many years but had now deposited the books, empty. In 2000/01 was still played in Hulst and Tessenderlo, but the season afterwards moved the club to the Sportpark in the center. The number of youth players and teams increased during that period.
In 2002, the first team still had to turn away the relegation in a final round; the following year, however, the first team played the champion and promoted to First Provincial. In 2005 the club promoted for the first time to the national series. In Fourth class the club was able to maintain the first seasons in the middle. In 2009, however, the club ended at the bottom of its series and dropped back to First Provincial.
After a number of seasons, KVV Thes Sport Tessenderlo became champion in First Provincial and promoted back to Fourth Division in 2015. The club finally merged with VK Penarol Engsbergen . The club name and club colors of Thes Sport were retained as planned. Barely one season later (in 2016), KVV Thes Sport took third place in 4th national C, giving it a direct promotion to 2nd class amateurs.
Club Website: http://www.thes-sport.be/
Royal Excelsior Virton is a Belgian football club from Virton in the far south of the province of Luxembourg . The team joined the Royal Belgian Football Association in 1922. The club is number 200 and has green and white as club colors.
In 1913 two clubs were set up in Virton, namely Football Club Saint-Laurent Virton and Union Sportive Virtonnaise . Saint-Laurent played in green-white-striped uniforms, Union in blue-white gear. Due to the outbreak of the First World War , however, there was no football activity during those first years. After the war Union became provincial champion and also won the Cup of Luxembourg. In 1920, the club Excelsior Football Club Virton was founded from FC Saint-Laurent Virton , which joined the football association with strain number 200 in 1922. The team played in green shirts with a white front, white trousers and black socks, went ” au Bosquet ” play and moved to the Pré Jacquet some time later . In 1925, US Virton was expelled from the union because of the aggression against a referee, most players left for Excelsior.
In 1927, Excelsior won the provincial championship and was able to play in the national promotion series for the first time this season, then the Third Division . Virton collapsed after one season, but before the Second World War he would go on a season twice more to the national promotional series. The club was one of the big three clubs in the province of Luxembourg, together with La Jeunesse Arlonaise and La Jeunesse d’Athus. In 1945 the name Excelsior Sporting Club Virton , in 1951 became this Royal Excelsior Sporting Club Virton . It was not until 1960 that the club was able to promote from the provincial series again and that it had a longer successful period of 11 continuous season in Promotion, in the meantime Fourth Class . The club played in a white-green-red outfit until 1967. In 1971 the team fell back and had a few difficult years, in 1975 to become champion again and to be able to enter the promotion series again.
In 1986 the club managed to reach the Third Class for the first time. In 1989, however, another relegation to the promotion series followed, a few years later, in 1992, Virton even fell back to First Provincial, where provincial members Athus and Arlon also played. The club, however, revived, was able to quickly regroup and immediately became champion with the return to the national series as a result. This first season, 1993/94, in Fourth Class, Virton was able to force a final round, but failed to promote. The next season, the team became champion and in 1995 Virton could start again in the third division. The club name was shortened to Royal Excelsior Virton .
In 2001 Virton was promoted again, becoming the first Luxembourg club ever in the second national division . After eight seasons in second division, the club dropped to third. Virton was twice close to the title, but always stranded in the final round. In 2013, after an exciting final with Bocholter VV , the club won with the title, after a 1-0 victory at home against Diegem Sport . With this Virton became the only Luxembourg club in the second division. Since the competition reform in 2016 Excelsior has been in the First Division amateurs . After a third place in the first season, the Luxembourgers were barely able to maintain themselves at the highest amateur level in 2017/2018. However, the club was initially not licensed for the new season, partly because of financial problems. One could get the license for the BAS, so that Excelsior will still be in first class amateurs.
- Belgian third class – Winner (2x): 2001, 2013
- Belgian Fourth class – Winner (2x): 1986, 1995
- Provincial Cup Luxembourg – Winner (6x): 1948, 1975, 1986, 1997, 1999, 2000
Club Website: https://www.revirton.be/